The Sussexes confirmed that they had been asked to leave their Windsor home. Who will be sleeping in Harry and Meghan's bedroom soon? Prince Andrew, to be precise!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle confirmed Wednesday they have
been “requested to vacate” their largely unused Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage.
The stunning admission comes after a day of fraught
speculation triggered by a report in British tabloid The Sun Tuesday that
claimed King Charles wanted to house Prince Andrew in the property, in a move
apparently made in retaliation for Harry's tell-all memoir, Spare.
A Sussex spokesperson told the BBC: “We can confirm the Duke
and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore
The official comment came just hours after the reporter Omid
Scobie, Harry and Meghan’s biographer, who is known to have excellent contacts
within the Sussex organization and has at times acted as a quasi-spokesman for
the couple, wrote in a Yahoo! article that the couple were “appalled” by the
move to kick them out of the property.
“It all feels very final and like a cruel punishment,” a
friend of the couple told Scobie. “It’s like [the family] want to cut them out
of the picture for good.”
The source added: “This is not just some random rental they
keep for convenience. Every drawer is full, every closet is packed… It’s a real
A source told Scobie that it was Charles who personally
offered Frogmore to his brother, Andrew.
Source: The Daily Beast